Hello and welcome to Lois Reads Books! My name is Lois, I’m a twenty-four year old book blogger. It is safe to say I have loved reading from a very young age.
I read quite a variety of books – including horror, thriller, dystopian, sci-fi and anything with a bit of humour, but contemporary fiction always holds a special place in my heart. Some books have the power to immerse you into a world, keep you right on the edge of your seat and you cannot put the book down; that is how I feel about contemporary fiction. I read a mixture of young adult and general fiction titles.
Starting Lois Reads Books was a long process, that I had been thinking about for a long time. I thought about joining the blogging world long before I finally created my blog. The main reasons why I decided to start blogging in August 2016 was that I think it is a great way to keep track of the books that I read and also a place for me to put my thoughts about those books onto a page. Also, to be part of a wonderful community that I had been observing for a while and which I have also wanted to be a part of! When I started my blog none of my friends read as much as I did and I needed a place to talk about the books I read without being labelled a nerd or a geek.
I have made so many friends through blogging and I am beyond grateful that I took the plunge and started Lois Reads Books back in 2016!
Some of my favourite books of all time are:
- I Was Born for This by Alice Oseman
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Faceless by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky