Hello and welcome to Lois Reads Books! My name is Lois, I’m a twenty-one year old book blogger. I have loved reading from a very young age.
I read quite a variety of books – including fantasy, thriller, dystopian and anything with a bit of humour – but contemporary fiction always holds a special place in my heart. Some books just immerse you so much and keep you right on the edge of your seat and unable to put the book down; that is how I feel about contemporary fiction. I mostly read young adult books, but I also read some adult-orientated books.
Starting Lois Reads Books was a long process, that I had been thinking about for a long time. I thought about joining the blogging world long before I finally signed up. The main reasons why I decided to start blogging in August 2016 were, that I think it is a great way to keep track of the books that I read and be able to put my thoughts into words. Also to be part of a wonderful community that I had been observing for a while and which has always fascinated me. Since none of my friends read as much as I do, I needed a place to talk about the books I read without being labelled a nerd or a geek.
I know this is going to be a lot of work and I’m going to find myself up late at night trying to come up with new ideas and writing reviews but I know I will enjoy every second of it.
Some of my favourite books of all time are:
(Books that will stay with me for a very long time and I could read over and over and over again.)
- Rosie Loves Jack by Mel Darbon
- I Was Born for This by Alice Oseman
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Faceless by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Hello everyone, I am Lois’ boyfriend David. I am twenty years-old and have loved reading from a very young age. I have wanted to write reviews for a long time but did not know where to write them. When Lois asked if I would like to join Loisreadsbooks, of course I said yes. I will be a guest poster every now and again sharing reviews of book I have recently read.
I read different genres to Lois. These range from Science, Science Fiction, Historical Fiction, Dystopian to Non-fiction. I believe that the genres I read and the books I will review will add a different dimension to Loisreadsbooks and I cannot wait to get started.