HI guys, it’s Lois! Thank you so much to the lovely Zuky @ Bookbum for tagging me in the Blogger Recognition Award. I love Zuky’s blog and she tags me in so many wonderful things (I promise I will have the all posted soon Zuky!). Go and check out her blog!
This is the second time doing this tag on this blog but it is a really fun one to do! So, here we go!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
How/Why we started Loisreadsbooks:
I (Lois) started the blog in August of last year. I had wanted to start a blog for a long time but hadn’t had the time. But I saw a huge community of book bloggers who were sharing their love for books and wanted to join in on this and share my love for books with the blogging community. David joined the blog in January of this year. He was talking to me one day and had told me I should read the book he had just read so I could review it on here. So, I suggested to him that he reviewed it himself and then he could join my blog regularly. We have both been busy with university work recently, especially David. But, he is hoping to be back blogging with me very soon!
- Comment on other blogs! This one is so simple to do but can make a huge impact on your blog. By commenting on other people’s posts you are getting your name out there and showing that you have a blog yourself. Attached onto this on also reply to any comments you get on your blog. Again, it gets your name out there but also shows you enjoy people commenting on your posts.
- Get a Netgalley Account! This only really applies to book bloggers but a lot of my followers are book bloggers. Create a Netgalley account. It is quick and easy but is one of the best things I have done with this blog. It is a site where you can request e-ARCS of books and have them sent to you for reading and then to review. I have been ent a lot of e-ARCs via Netgalley and it has really helped me get my name out their to publishers and authors.
Tag you’re it!
I hope none of you have been tagged in this before!
Thanks again to Zuky for tagging me in this. I had a lot of fun doing this as always with tags! Hope the advice is useful and you enjoyed the post!
Be sure to check out Book Depository using my link here: Loisreadsbooks
Until next time,