Hey guys it’s Lois! I am finally getting round to doing all of the posts I have been tagged in! The wonderful Olivia @ ArrowandDot tagged me in this. Olivia is a lovely blogger and make sure you check out her posts. This is my second time doing the Liebster Award but this is a good tag to do more than once as the questions are always different.
So, without further ado, here is the the Liebster Award.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1) Why did you decide to start a blog?
I decided to start a blog almost a year ago now. I had been watching a lot of Booktube videos and began wondering how I could join in the book community. I did not want to post videos as I hate being on camera. So, instead I started looking into creating my own blog. I love blogging and have met so many great people thanks to this blog.
2) What fictional character would you most want to be friends with?
If it was ever possible to be friends with a fictional character I would love to be friends with Molly from “The Upside of Unrequited”. I think me and her would make pretty good friends.
3) What are you most looking forward to this Summer?
The thing I was most looking forward to this Summer has already happened. That was my holiday to Lanzarote with David. I love going on holiday and can’t wait to go on another. But I am also really looking forward to going to a blogger event this Sunday near me! I can’t wait to met lots of book bloggers.
4) What are your goals for your blog this year?
Well, I am currently very near to having 250 followers. That is within the first year of my blog so one goal is to double that and get to 500 followers within the next year. But my main goal is to create a lot of fun posts and review more books than I have this year.
5) What fictional world would you most like to live in?
Hogwarts! I would adore to be a student at Hogwarts. I have always wanted to be able to go to Hogwarts. The closest I have ever got to going to Hogwarts was opening the Great Hall doors at the studio tour on my birthday last year and that was incredible!
6) How do you prefer to read books: Paper, e-book, or audio book?
Paper definitely. I have always been a fan of physical books. I don’t mind carrying them round either. But when it comes to late night reading I am actually a fan of e-books. This is because I can read the books in the dark led down. Which I cannot do with physical books because I can’t lie down in my glasses.
7) Where do you like to buy books? (Amazon, used book store, new book store, etc.)
This totally depends on a few things. If I want a book on release day or extremely quickly I will purchase them off Amazon as I have a prime membership and they arrive the next day. If I am out shopping and have a list of books I am thinking about getting then I use a new book store. Specifically I use the store Waterstones. I also sometimes use used book stores. I have used them in the past to buy old copies of the Harry Potter books and other books.
8) What is your favourite and least favourite thing about the area in which you live?
My least favourite thing is that they closed my local Waterstones closed down just over a year ago. I used to go to this store every week and speak to the book sellers there. But now the closest store is around 30 minutes away from my home instead of 5. My favourite thing is how beautiful it can be around here. I live very close to the countryside and I love going to see all the views from the big hills we have around here. The sunset also looks beautiful here when you can see it.
9) Coffee or Tea?
Neither. I am not a fan of either drink. I think coffee tastes like dirt. I also don’t like the typical cup of English tea. Occasionally I have been known to drink cups of camomile tea to calm my anxiety and nerves. My hot drink of choice though is Hot Chocolate!
10) What did you study in college/university? Or, what are you studying/what do you want to study? Or, have you chosen a path that does not involve college?
I studied Media Production at university for 1 year. I then decided that university was not for me. I wasn’t being challenged enough and felt like I was going back to the basics of media which I had learnt over 5 years ago. So, I left university in June and now I am looking for a full time job in the media industry and so far it isn’t going too badly.
11) What is something that you have learned or improved at through blogging?
Weirdly my emailing skills have improved thanks to blogging. This has certainly helped in my search for jobs. I also believe that my writing skills have improved. My vocabulary has expanded and my reviews I feel keep getting better.
TAG YOU’RE IT
Eldrid @ Bibliophilicfox // Karoline @ Karolinesbookreviews // Danielle @ Theintrovertedbooknerd // Ross @ Theroyalbookshelf // Sydney @ Sydneysshelves // Jackie @ Toomuchofabooknerd // Jo @ JJbookblog
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- If you could ask any author one question, what would the question be?
- How would you describe your blogging style?
- What food have you never eaten but would really like to try?
- What was the last photo you took?
- What book are you currently reading?
- Is there any movie or TV show that has recently been released that you are really excited to see?
- If someone narrated your life, who would you like to be the narrator?
- What is your favourite movie and why?
- Do you listen to any podcasts? If yes, which ones and why?
- If magic was real, what spell would you learn first?
- Where is your favourite place to read books?
There you have it, the Liebster Award! Thank you so much to Olivia for tagging me in this, it has been an awful lot of fun to do!
Be sure to check out Book Depository using my link here: Loisreadsbooks
Until next time,