Hey guys it’s Lois! I have been tagged in a lot of things recently and I am finally getting round to doing them all. The wonderful Zuky @ Bookbum tagged me in this. Zuky is a lovely blogger and I always enjoy reading her posts. You should all check out her blog you will not be let down!
So, without further ado, here is the the Liebster Award.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18 and find line 8, what does it say?
The nearest book to me is actually my Kindle so, I am going to open the first book on my Kindle shelf and use that instead.
“A more perfect opportunity if she’d crafted it from rainbows and sunbeams herself.”
– When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
2. Type of music you dislike most?
EDM otherwise Electronic Dance Music is a genre of music that I completely despise. It is all that seems to be on the radio at the minute which is exactly why I have stopped listening to the radio.
3. Do you have any tattoos? How many do you have? If you have none do you want any?
I have no tattoos and I’m not really sure if I want any. The only things that have caught my interest in terms of tattoos are either a little paper aeroplane or a outline of all of the planets. But I don’t think I will ever get them.
4. Do you currently work? If so, what do you do? If you don’t and are at school, what are you studying?
I am currently right in-between a job and studying. I finished university at the beginning of April and I don’t plan on going back so I am applying for jobs and looking around for a job or an apprenticeship in Graphic Design, Digital Marketing or Copywriting. I do also have a part-time job at a supermarket and have been there for nearly 2 years.
5. What do you think are your best characteristics?
I’m not too sure on this one. But, I think I am quite caring. I put others in front of myself as often as I can. I hope creative is classed as a characteristic as I think I am rather creative. I can tell you now I am most definitely not adventurous or active. I like staying at home and being the lazy human that I am.
6. If you could change anything about yourself what would it be?
If it was possible to change how quickly my hair grows I would very happily do that. I have been growing out my hair for over 3 years now and I am no where near the length that I want it. It seems to get to one length and then stop. If my hair could grow to at least my belly button and stay there I would be very happy.
7. What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading “The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli”. I am not very far into it I have been so busy recently and in a little bit of a reading slump but I am enjoying the book.
8. What interesting things have happened on throughout the years, on your birthday? Use On this Day to find out
Not many interesting things have happened on my birthday over the years. The Orient Express took it’s first run on the 4th October in 1883. Also, a lot of hurricanes have sadly killed people on my birthday over the years. In fact looking into it the 4th October seems to be the days of many many natural disasters.
9. What is the last thing you watched on TV? Did you enjoy it?
I am currently watching the film “The Hunt for the Wilderpeople” whilst writing this post. It is the second time in about 2 months that I have watched this film. I really enjoy it and find it absolutely hilarious.
10. If you parents hated your partner would you ditch them or carry on with them despite the protests?
I am going to have to say I would ditch the partner. I love my family an awful lot. But, saying that they all absolutely adore David and have made him part of the family so there are no issues at all with me and David. And I plan on being with David for many years to come so all is well.
11. What do you think is the world’s greatest invention?
The camera, plain and simple the camera. I adore taking pictures and filming little short films and without a camera I would never be able to do that. So I think the camera is the world’s greatest invention.
Tag you’re it!
I am only going to tag 6 people because I am going to be doing a lot of tags in the next week and don’t want people to have tag overload!
My Questions for you:
1. What are 5 things that you cannot leave the house without?
2. What is one skill or talent that you would like to learn, no matter the difficulty?
3. What is your favourite film, how long has it been your favourite film and why?
4. Are you a fan of amusement parks, if so which one is your favourite? If not, why don’t you like them?
5. Are you a dog person, a cat person, or neither? Also, if you have pets what are they?
6. What are your 3 top tips to get out of a reading slump?
7. Are you a sweet or a savoury flavoured person?
8. If you could recommend any book to me what would it be and why?
9. Do you know your heritage, if so, what is it?
10. You discover that your wonderful one year old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and is not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
11. What is your biggest fear?
There you have it, the Liebster Award! Thank you so much to Zuky for tagging me in this, it has been an awful lot of fun to do!
We recently hit 200 followers here on Loisreadsbooks! So, to celebrate we are running a giveaway, so please check that out here.
Be sure to check out Book Depository using my link here: Loisreadsbooks
Until next time,