Hey guys, it’s Lois, I was tagged by Ally @ Allywritesthings in the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is take 4 on the Sunshine Blogger Award for me but I am so happy to do this tag again as the questions always change. Thank you so much to Ally for tagging me in this! Be sure to check out her blog!
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
1. What book reminds you of a specific place?
“A Seven-Letter Word by Kim Slater” always reminds me of the island Menorca. I read this book whilst by the pool on holiday in Menorca. Every time I see this book it takes me back to Menorca and makes me want to go back there.
2. What’s your favourite place to visit in your hometown/ province/ state/ country?
It would have to be the nature reserve that is near to my house. I go there quite often with my boyfriend David. It is so calm and quiet with lots of animals. You can go on long walks around the reserve and then go in the cafe afterwards that floats on one of the lakes. One of my wishes for this winter is to go there when it is cold and the fire is on and read a book there for a few hours.
3. Which author do you admire the most?
Carrie Hope Fletcher. I see Carrie as a role model, she isn’t just an author, she is a singer, actor and also posts videos on YouTube. I have looked up to her for years now. Carrie is body positive and give amazing advice to her followers. I was lucky enough to meet her a few weeks ago and it was a dream come true. She is so lovely and someone I think will always be a role model for me.
4. Are there any books you would never recommend?
“The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins”. This book put me in a reading slump for months! It had nothing interesting in the story, the mystery gave away its answer very early on and it spoke non-stop of alcohol. Every character in the book seemed to have an issue with alcohol and there were pages just dedicated to drinking gin and tonic out of a can. I DNF this book because of how boring it was and have never recommended it to anyone, nor will I ever.
5. One bookish pet peeve?
Insta-love. I hate when book are solely based around this trope. It bores me and doesn’t seem realistic at all.
6. Favourite Cake Flavour?
Chocolate Fudge. I love having a slice of hot chocolate fudge cake. It is my go-to dessert in restaurants.
7. Do you have a favourite piece of jewellery?
I do, it is a rose gold bracelet with a double-heart that David got me for my 18th birthday. I have worn it everyday since then and nearly 2 years on I don’t plan on ever going a day without wearing it. It is like my little piece of safety if I ever panic and I am not with David.
8. If you were on a game show, which song would they play when you entered?
It would have to be Mr Blue Sky by the Electric Light Orchestra. It is my go-to song when I am in charge of the music at work. I play it that much my colleague has even said that it is the anthem of my life.
9. Which bookish world would you want to visit?
Hogwarts! I would love to go on a tour of Hogwarts. This time last year I was getting ready for a trip to the Harry Potter Studio Tour. I would love to go again sometime. Going there and the Harry Potter Land in Universal Studios Orlando are two of my favourite places to visit. If I could go to the real Hogwarts I would be beyond happy!
10. Best book of 2017 so far?
“Countless by Karen Gregory”! You can find my review here.
11. If you had to give your parents a book, which would it be?
I recently gave my Mum “All That She Can See by Carrie Hope Fletcher” and she loved it. So, it would be that book. My Dad doesn’t read but my Mum comes to me quite often for book recommendations and I have a list of books to give to her someday.
Tag You’re It!
I hope you don’t mind being tagged. Even if you haven’t been tagged but want to take part in this please do! Make sure to link back to this post so I can read your answers!
My Questions for you:
- Do you have any pets?
- What are you currently studying/ will be doing in the future/ what did you study?
- What is your favourite film?
- If you could cosplay as any character who would it be?
- Who is your role model?
- What is a skill you would like to learn and why?
- What is your favourite book of 2017?
- What is you favourite drink?
- Winter Holiday or Summer Holiday?
- What is your favourite TV show at the minute?
- What is your most anticipated book of 2018?
There you have it, the Sunshine Blogger award. Thank you to Ally for tagging me in this and don’t forget to leave the links to yours in the comments below, I can’t wait to read your answers. Hope you enjoyed!
Be sure to check out Book Depository using my link here: Loisreadsbooks
Until next time,