I love doing a good book tag. So, when I stumbled across this one from Kristen Kraves Books, I wanted to give it a go. I love picking a few favourites or top books as I think picking just one is so hard. Hence, the three bookish things tag! Here it is!
Three Read Once and Loved Authors
Tess Sharpe – I adored The Girls I’ve Been for so many reasons but especially because it has endometriosis representation. So, Tess Sharpe is and author I immediately loved. She acutally has a new book coming out in the new year and I cannot wait to read that too.
Lynn Painter – I read Better Than the Movies earlier this year and it just brought a huge smile to my face. I have yet to pick up her latest release but I will certainly be doing that soon as I know it will be a book I’ll love.
Erik J. Brown – I picked up All That’s Left in the World on a whim earlier this year and it completely blew me away. I read it in a couple of sittings and I thought the writing was beautiful and set the scenes incredibly. So, I will certainly be picking up more books by this author in future.
Three Titles I’ve Watched but Haven’t Read
The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien – I adore the films so much but I have yet to get round to reading the books. They are certainly a series I want to tackle very soon but for now I’ll just keep re-watching the films.
The Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski – I watched this series with my partner after seeing him play the games and I love the series. I am absolutely terrified of reading the books though as I feel they would be too high-fantasy for me. I may give them a try in the future though.
Panic by Lauren Oliver – I started watching this series before I even realised it was originally a book. Now, I own a copy of the book as I would love to see how the series differs from the book. I’m not sure when I will get round to it but I am hoping it is soon.
Three Characters You Love
Peter Kavinsky from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Peter has always had a place in my heart ever since I first read the To All the Boys series. He has his flaws don’t get me wrong but I just adore him and how much he loves Lara Jean.
Celia St. James from The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – She is such a fun and dynamic character who I adore. She is flawed, knows her mind and stands up for what she believes. She feels like a real person to me and honestly I wish she was real.
Romy from The Loneliest Girl in the Universe – Romy was my introduction to Lauren James’ characters and for that reason she will always be a favourite of mine. I love how strong and determined she is and I would love to see more of her in the future.
Three Series Binged
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – This is probably one of the first ever series I binge read and for good reason. So many people were reading them at the same time and I remember talking non-stop about the books until the films came out and we’d talk non-stop about them too.
The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – I binge read the first book and then waited with baited breath for each book in the series and the minute I got my hands on them I binge read them too. It is such an incredible and fast-paced series that I could not put down.
Heartstopper by Alice Oseman – I started binge reading this series when it was only in the web comic form and I would wait for the new pages every week. Now that they are out in physical book form I tend to re-read them at least once a year. They bring me such joy and comfort.
Three Unpopular Bookish Opinions
- I think that Colleen Hoover’s books are overrated. I’ve read one and tried to read a couple of others and I just can’t get into her writing and think the hype around her is ridiculous. There are so many other authors who I think deserve the love she gets.
- I really appreciate negative reviews. I know these may be horrible for authors to read but as a reader I appreciate the negative reviews as sometimes they make me want to read the book or know to completely avoid it.
- Buying books and reading books are different hobbies. I buy so many books but that gives me a different joy than actually reading books. I love collecting them and it doesn’t particularly matter if I ever read them. I feel like they are different and I love doing both.
Three Current Favourite Book Covers
Three Bookish Goals for the Year
- Read 130 books. I’m not too far off completing this one at the moment.
- Empty my Netgalley shelf. I don’t think this will happen as I add stuff to it all the time but I would love to empty it or get it down to as few books as possible.
- Maintain my book journal for the next few years.
There you have the three bookish things tag! It was so much fun to do this one and have a think about all the answers. What would your answers to some of theses be? Let me know in the comments below!