How are we almost halfway through the year? I don’t understand it! In May, I started a new job, read a lot, spent time with family and friends and did not seem to stop! Here is what happened in May!
I have read a total of 11 books throughout May which is actually more than I thought I would read this month with how busy I’ve been. I wrote a post a couple of days ago that goes into detail, with little reviews, about what I read in May, so be sure to check that out! Here is the shortened version of what I read in May!
- House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland – ★★★★
- It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover – ★★
- Cool for the Summer by Dahlia Adler – ★★★★
- The Infinity Courts by Akemi Dawn Bowman – ★★★★
- You Love Me by Caroline Kepnes – ★★★★
- Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry by Joya Goffney – ★★★★
- Heartstopper Volume 4 by Alice Oseman – ★★★★★
- Pumpkin by Julie Murphy – ★★★★
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds (Graphic Novel) – ★★★★★
- Counting Down with You by Tahsie Bhuiyan – ★★★★
- Instructions for Dancing by Nicola Yoon – ★★★★
I adore writing blog posts. It is like my way out getting my feelings out and resetting my brain. Throughout May, I stuck to my blogging plan which I made at the start of the month and got thinking about posts for June. I thought I would share the 5 posts that I enjoyed writing the most in May. Here are my top 5 posts for May!
- New Book Releases I’m Excited For! – June
- April Book Haul!
- Pumpkin – Julie Murphy | Review
- The Infinity Courts – Akemi Dawn Bowman
- Kate in Waiting – Quote
May has been a busy but lovely month. I started the month playing dinosaur mini golf with David which was a lot of fun! I have a weird obsession with mini golf so when I had a day off and the weather was good I booked us into the dinosaur one immediately.
Also, this month I started a brand new job as a library manager. I can’t lie and say it has been easy but it has been a lot of fun. My brain is overloaded with new information and I’m tired a lot of the time. But, it is a lot of fun and I cannot wait to see what my new job holds!
This month has been another exciting one on the nature front. The nest box that me and David hung at the back of our house now has blue tit chicks in it! The blue tits that nested last month had their chicks a week or so ago. We are waiting to see them when the fledge but have a lot of hope that they are doing well. They’ve kept me company whilst I’ve been working from home and it has been lovely!
Finally, at the end of the month I spent the day out with my Mum, Grandparents, sister Katie and her boyfriend at a local nature reserve. We had a walk around, saw some Goslings and even had a little rest stop in the cafe. It was so wonderful and I cannot wait to do it more!
Bring on June!
That is it, May is over. I cannot wait to see what June holds. What has May been like for you and what have you read? Let me know in the comments below!