August has been a non-stop busy month for me and it has flown by. I’ve been to the cinema, had a few days out, a quick weekend away and started some more decoration on my house. Here is what happened in August!
I have read a total of 14 books throughout August which is so many more that I was expecting to read. I seemed to fly through books this month for some reason. I wrote a post a couple of days ago that goes into detail, with mini reviews, about what I read in August. So, be sure to check that out! Here is the the shortened version of what I read in August!
- The Yearbook by Holly Bourne – ★★★★
- You and Me on Vacation by Emily Henry – ★★★★
- Wicked Little Deeds by Kat Ellis – ★★★★
- Afterlove by Tanya Byrne – ★★★★★
- Lies Like Wildfire by Jennifer Lynn Alvarez – ★★★★
- Fireborn by Aisling Fowler – ★★★★
- The Things We Don’t See by Savannah Brown – ★★★★
- Jay’s Gay Agenda by Jason June – ★★★
- The Passing Playbook by Isaac Fitzsimons – ★★★★
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid – ★★★★★
- Love & Other Natural Disasters by Misa Sugiura – ★★★★
- Evidence of the Affair by Taylor Jenkins Reid – ★★★★
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender – ★★★★
- Take Me With You When You Go by David Levithan and Jennifer Niven – ★★★★
I am still absolutely loving blogging and I’ve stuck to my blog planning schedule very well too. So, I wanted to share the 5 posts that I enjoyed writing the most throughout August! Here are my top 5 posts for August!
- Wicked Little Deeds – Kat Ellis
- Fireborn: Twelve and the Frozen Forest – Aisling Fowler
- What’s on my Netgalley TBR?
- 5 Year Blog Anniversary and Giveaway!
- Currently I’m…
August has been a very busy month for me which means the month has flown by. I started out the month by taking a trip to a local bookshop and treating myself to some books. I just needed to go on a little self care trip and it was well needed.
I’ve posted on TikTok every single day this month which is such an achievement for me. Quite often I forget to post on social media accounts but that has not happened yet with TikTok yet. I am loving posting on there and watching my little profile grow. If you do not already follow me on TikTok, go and give me a follow! I’m @loisreadsbooks!
In the middle of the month I went with a few friends on a weekend away to Scarborough. It was so lovely to spend time with friends, chat, eat delicious things and spend a lot of time reading. It was such a wonderful trip and I hope we can do it again very soon.
I took myself to the cinema again this month to see Free Guy. It was such an amazing film and an excellent way to shut off from the world for a couple of hours. I would highly recommend giving the film a watch.
My family and I went on a few days out this month. Now that I have my own house and my sister, Katie, lives at university, we are making more time to have days out together. It is lovely to just go shopping with family or go for a meal or even just a walk!
Finally, this month ended with more decorating beginning on our house. We are getting a few more rooms ready to be changed and updated and I cannot wait. I am looking forward to finally finishing the kitchen off and having a comfy living room to sit in!
I’m looking forward to seeing what September brings and how much further we can get with decorating!
That is it, August is over. I cannot wait to see what September holds. What has August been like for you and what have you read? Let me know in the comments below!