August is almost over and this month has completely flown by. I’ve not even been that busy this month but it has still been a lovely month full of fun things. Here is what happened in August!
I read a total of 14 books throughout August and enjoyed reading them all. There are some of them that I enjoyed more than others but it has certainly been an amazing reading month! I wrote a post a couple of days ago that goes into detail, with mini reviews, about what I read in August. So, be sure to check that out. Here is the shortened version of what I read in August!
- Lucie Yi is Not a Romantic by Lauren Ho – ★★★★
- Beating Heart Baby by Lio Min – ★★★
- All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir – ★★★★
- The Eternal Return of Clara Hart by Louise Finch – ★★★★
- The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston – ★★★★
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman – ★★★★
- Some Girls Do by Jennifer Dugan – ★★★★
- Dial A for Aunties by Jesse Sutanto – ★★★★★
- Family of Liars by E. Lockhart – ★★★★
- Every Summer After by Carley Fortune – ★★★
- Beautiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney – ★★★★
- My Killer Vacation by Tessa Bailey – ★★★
- This is Not the End by Molly Morris – ★★★★
- Four Aunties and a Wedding by Jesse Sutanto – ★★★★
August has been yet another month full of blogging. I’m still posting every couple of days and planning my posts ahead of time. This month I celebrated by 6 year blogging anniversary which was fun and exciting. So, I wanted to share the 5 posts that I enjoyed writing the most throughout August. Here are my top 5 posts from August!
- 6 Year Blog Anniversary and Giveaway!
- New Releases I’m Excited For – September!
- The Eternal Return of Clara Hart – Louise Finch
- Would You Rather? – Book Tag
- She Gets the Girl by Rachael Lippincott and Alyson Derrick | Quote
I started August by doing a huge clean out of my things. I donated a lot of clothes and books to charity and ended up with so much more space in my house. It felt very therapeutic and now means I have a nice list of all the physical books I have to read!
I finally opened the new library I’m managing this month too. After a few delays, the new library is now open and I am loving managing it so far. It is a unique space and one that will hugely benefit the local community. So, I cannot wait to see how it all goes.
My cousin got married this month and we had a lovely day at her wedding. It was a lovely day filled with family, friends and amazing food. Going to her wedding motivated me to get started on planning mine and David’s wedding. It is a lot of things to organise but I’m sure we will get there.
I had a few lovely days out with friends this month. Spending time with friends always picks my mood up and makes me happy. So, that was lovely. Also, I took myself on a nice shopping day at the end of this month to treat myself. I’ve had some pretty stressful weeks recently and an afternoon browsing shops, even though I didn’t buy anything, was refreshing!
I’m looking forward to seeing what September brings!
That is it, August is over. I cannot wait to see what September holds. What has August been like for you and what have you read? Let me know in the comments below!