Happy Halloween! October has been yet another month of non-stop events for me but it has been a lot of fun. I turned 23 this month, did a lot of work on my house, began hosting my first ever readathon with friends and managed to read 16 books. So much has happened this month, this is what happened in October!
I read a total of 16 books throughout October. I have no idea how this happened but it did. I read some of my backlist, as well as some brand new books! I wrote a post a couple of days ago going into detail, with little reviews, about what I read in October, so be sure to check that out! Here is the shortened version of what I read in October!
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow – 4★‘s
- Giant Days Volume 2 by Various Authors – 3★‘s
- The Fire Never Goes Out by Noelle Stevenson – 4★‘s
- The Bi-Ble by Various Authors – 4★‘s
- Lumberjanes by Various Authors – 2★‘s
- The Danger Gang by Tom Fletcher – 5★‘s
- Olive by Emma Gannon – 4★‘s
- The Times I Knew I Was Gay by Eleanor Crewes – 4★‘s
- Eight Pieces of Silva by Patrice Lawrence – 4★‘s
- Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett – 4★‘s
- The Switch by Beth O’Leary – 4★‘s
- Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo – 4★‘s
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert – 4★‘s
- 40-Love by Olivia Dade – 4★‘s
- My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf – 4★‘s
- This Winter by Alice Oseman – 5★‘s
I’ve loved blogging this month. I’ve loved creating content and seeing it go into the world. I am planning my blog posts out in advance on a spread sheet and it really helps me to organise myself and what posts I am writing and when. I love being in a routine with scheduling posts early and knowing that I have regular content on my blog. I thought I would share the 5 posts I liked the most from this month! Here are my top 5 posts for October!
- September Book Haul
- 22 Things to do Whilst I’m 22 – Recap
- Books on my Wish List!
- Crime Readathon Book Recommendations!
- 23 Things to do Whilst I’m 23
October has been an absolute whirlwind of a month. It started out with my 23rd birthday! Our original plans couldn’t go ahead but new plans were made and I had such a lovely few days around my birthday. We went for meals and days out and most importantly my birthday was spent at Chester Zoo watching my favourite animal on the planet, Penguins! I had a lovely birthday
It has been 3 months since me and David moved in together and it was the month the house decorating moved quickly! We started having a rewire, the entire bottom floor of the house was knocked out and now we are waiting on our new kitchen. It is a lot of work and stressful but it will all be amazing when it all comes together!
I read so many books this month and I don’t quite know how. I read whenever I had the chance and that helped get my TBR down a lot! At the end of the month we began the Crime Readathon! This is the readathon that me and Sarah and Sophie from The Little Contemporary Corner are hosting together. I’m loving hosting a readathon so far. Make sure you check out the announcement post for all the info and let us know if you are joining in!
Who knows what November will bring!
That’s it October is over. I cannot wait to see what November holds! What has October been like for you and what have you read? Let me know in the comments below!