July has been one of those months that has been slow but also incredibly quick. I do not know how to explain it! In July I went to the cinema, shopping and had a lot of reading days. Here is what happened in July!
I have read a total of 10 books throughout July which is a lot more than I was expecting to read this month. I wrote a post, a couple of days ago, that goes into detail, with mini reviews, about what I read in July. So, be sure to check that out! Here is the shortened version of what I read in July!
- You’re the One That I Want by Simon James Green – ★★★★
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid – ★★★★★
- Like a Love Song by Gabriela Martins – ★★★★
- Blackout by Angie Thomas, Dhonielle Clayton, Ashley Woodfolk, Tiffany D. Jackson, Nic Stone and Nicola Yoon – ★★★★
- Radha and Jai’s Recipe for Romance by Nisha Sharma – ★★★
- The Ones We’re Meant to Find by Joan He – ★★★
- Up All Night by Kayla Whaley, Amanda Joy, Laura Silverman, Tiffany D. Jackson, Anna Meriano, Karen M. McManus, Francesca Zappia, Julian Winters, Kathleen Glasgow, Marieke NijKamp, Brandy Colbert, Maureen Goo and Nina LaCour – ★★★★
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston – ★★★★
- Ace of Spades by Faridah Abíké Iyímídé – ★★★★
- This is My Truth by Yasmin Rahman – ★★★★
I’ve got back into the swing of things with both blogging and reading this month. This means I’ve kept up with my blog plan schedule a lot better this month. So, I wanted to share the 5 posts that I enjoyed writing the most throughout July. Here are my top 5 posts for July!
- Ace of Spaces by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé – Quote
- Mid-Year Book Freak Out!
- Currently I’m…
- You’re The One That I Want – Simon James Green
- Rapid Fire Book Tag!
July has been quite a busy month for me. I started out the month going to the cinema on my own for the first time. I am beyond proud of myself for doing that because even though it might not seem like a big thing, it is something that I would not have done 6 months ago. So, I am very proud of myself. I saw Black Widow which was excellent!
The sunny weather this month and how my days off work lined up meant I had a lot of time to spend in the garden reading in the sunshine. This is one of my favourites things to do so being able to do that for a few days straight was just excellent!
I spent some days with friends, chatting, reading and just having a wonderful time. I love all my friends a lot so getting to spend more time with them again has been a lot of fun! Also, I had some shopping days this month. One of them was with my sister, Katie! She has recently moved into a Uni house so it was so lovely to go and see her and eat pizza!
Finally, this month I decided to give BookTok a try and I am loving it! The app is super addictive and just a whole lot of fun. So, if you have the app be sure to give me a follow, @loisreadsbooks!
Bring on August!
That is it, July is over. I cannot wait to see what August holds. What has July been like for you and what have you read? Let me know in the comments below!