The first month of 2021 is nearly over! As always, January has felt so long and drawn out with not much happening. I’ve read a lot, wrote a lot of blog posts and worked a lot. Here is what happened in January!
I read a total of 11 books throughout January which is so many for the first month of the year. I’m so used to reading just one book in the first month of the year that 11 just feels ridiculous. I wrote a post a couple of days ago that goes into detail, with little reviews, about what I read in January, so be sure to check that out. Here is a shortened version of what I read in January!
- Together, Apart by Various Authors – ★★★
- New Year’s Kiss by Lee Matthews – ★★★★
- Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon – ★★★★
- Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas – ★★★★★
- Gut Feelings by C.G. Moore – ★★★★★
- Last One to Die by Cynthia Murphy – ★★★★
- Bad Habits by Flynn Meaney – ★★★★
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert – ★★★★
- Ghosts by Dolly Alderton – ★★★★
- Daybreak by Brian Ralph – ★★★
- Ghosts of the Tsunami by Richard Lloyd Perry – ★★★★★
This year I’ve got so many new ideas for blogging and different blog posts and I’m excited to see what happens with them. In January, I stick to my blogging plan and wrote all my posts early and had them scheduled ahead of time. I love being in the routine of scheduling posts early and knowing that I have content going out regularly on my blog. I thought I would share the 5 posts I liked the most from this month. Here are my top 5 posts for January!
- UKYA Releases To Look Out For! – Part 1
- UKYA Releases To Look Out For! – Part 2
- TBR Books to Tackle in 2021!- Part One
- Most Anticipated Releases of 2021! – Part 1
- New Years Book Tag!
What a month of nothing that January has been. The month started out with David’s birthday which was lovely. Of course we couldn’t do much but we had a wonderful day and celebrated together. We are planning to go out for a meal when the world is safe but an at home Chinese takeaway was perfect!
From then on, not much happened. I read a lot and bought way too many books (look out for the book haul). Disney released a lot of Stitch things that I had to buy, including a stitch nuiMO which I am in love with.
This month I finally figured out how to use the astrophotography setting on my phone camera and I took some beautiful pictures. I’ve included one of them in this post. I am definitely going to drive to a dark sky area when we are out of lockdown and give it a try there.
I spent a lot of time face-timing friends this month and that really lifted my mood. I miss my friends so much but chatting to them for a couple of hours really brings a smile to my face. I’ve also been on socially distanced walks with my Mum this month, as that is as much as we can do together at the moment, they have also been lovely and brought smile to my face!
Bring on February!
That is it, January is over. I cannot wait to see what February holds. What has January been like for you and what have you read? Let me know in the comments below!